It’s the season for cookie exchanges, and I promise you these Oreo truffles will make you the star of the show. They are so absolutely ridiculously good. You will be thankful you made these as a gift so they’re not sitting in your house all day tempting you…ok maybe I’m projecting a bit but I promise you they are that good. Remember, I’ve repeatedly said I’m not a huge fan of chocolate, so if I find these addictive you know they must be good.
If you have never heard of Oreo truffles, it’s simply crushed Oreos and cream cheese rolled into balls and dipped in chocolate. No oven, no heat-very simple.
Box of Oreos
8 oz block of Cream Cheese, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Bark or Candy Melts for coating
1. Take a box of Oreos and crush them in a food processor until it has the consistency of sand. You want to make sure all you see is brown crumbs-no cream.
2. Mix crushed Oreos with a block of cream cheese and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
3. Prepare a baking sheet with a wax paper.
4. Roll dough into balls and refrigerate until they are firm. You can also freeze them for an hour or two.
5. Melt chocolate and coat balls with the chocolate